Monday, April 18, 2016

Alaska Move 2016 - Day 6


Day 6 


April 7, Thursday


The ALCAN (Alaska / Canadian Highway) is gorgeous! Makes us so excited and eager to get to our home in Alaska.


We stopped on the side of the road here to observe the Bison for a few minutes. I was in the backseat with the dogs, and Ginger did her normal screaming hello at them. At first they really didn't care, but then I guess they got spooked because they all started running off. Thankfully, they headed away from the truck instead of toward it. That could have been ugly.


We pulled over at a rest area so Tom could take a power nap.  Then this happened. I'll let him tell you in his own words....

What a day. We decided to call it ended in Haines Junction. I'm just too much in sleep deficit to continue across the border. As some have seen, we stopped at a rest area so I could take a power nap. About an hour later, I made my normal walk around to check things out and heard something hissing at me. Knowing that snakes don't really exist here, I knew I had a flat. About 15 minutes later, my Nascar skills were tested and complete and we were on our way again.
As we approached Haines Junction, I made the executive decision to stop here. We pulled into the Alcan Motor Inn and I went in to get a room lined up. All was well and I returned to the truck to move it to its resting place for the night. We all disembarked and headed to the room, and I returned to the truck for the ritual luggage grab. As I passed the trailer, I heard another snake. Then I remembered there aren't snakes here. Dammit.




Day 6 Recap

Travel Time: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon
Started: Toad River, Alberta, Canada
Ended: Hanes Junction, Yukon, Canada
580 Miles
Wildlife: Bison, Stone Sheep, Fox

2016 Move Quick Links
Day 1 - South Carolina
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 - Alaska

No comments: