Friday, October 9, 2009

Changes, Changes Everywhere



So this is what metal studded tires look like.  Doesn't look like much.  But we are told this is what we need to drive in snow here.  Sure does sound funny in the parking garage though.



Wow.  That's a little painful.  Good thing everywhere I want to go is within a couple of blocks.  This full tank of gas should last me months!

Tom had to give me a lesson in what to do if coming into contact area of a bear or moose.  Probably information I should have heard BEFORE Bonnie and went walking yesterday.

So here's the lesson for all of you out there who need to know:

**When a bear is within your immediate area in nature, make as much noise as you can yelling and screaming and whatever else you can do that's noisy.  This will scare the bear away.

**When coming into eye contact with a moose (especially a moose and calf), do not cross between the moose and calf.  Do not approach the moose at all.  Turn slowly around and walk the other way.  Moose are FAST.  Noise does not scare them.  They will chase you if you interest them.


SO.... you guys may know that my husband, Tom, LOVES to do sporty things outside.  Today he rode his bike to work.  It was the rainiest day of the week so far.  (Is rainiest a word?)  But he loves doing things like this, so he went for it.  He has been coming home for lunch everyday this week, but today he asked if Bonnie and I wanted to come pick him up for lunch and go out somewhere.  You don't have to ask me twice!  One of my favorite things to do is LUNCH!

So Bonnie and I scooted on over to his work ( a mere 3 turns to get there - easy even for me).  We ate at "The Peanut Farm Sports Bar & Grill".
 
Waitress: What would you like to drink?
Me: Sweet Tea, please.
Waitress:  Why don't I bring you tea and you can sweeten it however you like?
Me:  How about Diet Pepsi?

No grits, no sweet tea.... how do these people live?
But on that note.... look what my Mommie-in-Law sent in the mail that we got today!!!



Hehehehehehehe.... I'm set for a WHILE now!

We are hoping to go on some exploring adventures this weekend.  I'll be sure and take our camera with us and snap as many interesting photos as I can.  I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!  Depending on where you live.... stay warm, stay cool, stay dry....

Hugs,
Janis


1 comment:

Debi said...

I love hearing about your new adventures Janis!

What, so sweet tea! Tie to head back home...just kiddin.
I was thinking along the lines as muggers and wild animals when I looked at your pictures yesterday, didn't want to comment on that though and looks like the paranoid freak I 'am...I so hate that about myself!
Have a fun weekend, I'm alone hubby at NASCAR...

~Lizzy